In this Huff Post Live video, California State Senator Ted Lieu talks about laws banning licensed professionals from engaging in “ex-gay” or “conversion” therapy with minors.
California became the first state to approve such a ban when Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill authored by Senator Lieu. A federal appeals court, however, has put the law on hold while the court considers its constitutionality.
Recent related links from Youth Allies:
- Associated Press Identifies “Ex-Gay” Extremist as “Counselor”
- Video: Reactions to N.J. Governor Christie’s Approval of Bill Restricting “Conversion” Therapy
- On Tennis Rackets and New Jersey’s “Conversion” Therapy Ban
- Alan Chambers’ Incomplete Apology
- “Ex-Gay” and “Conversion” Therapy Updates (July 2013)