Posted by MK on 9/20/12 -
Today marks one year since the official repeal of “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell,” the law that banned service by openly LGB people in the United States’ armed forces. Many congratulations to those who worked for repeal and who have worked (and are still working) for a fair implementation of new policies. And, of course, a heartfelt thank you to all who have served the country.
• The Huffington post has a story and slide-show called ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ One-Year Repeal Anniversary: 25 Amazing Moments.
• Zack Ford at Think Progress has published Looking Back And Looking Forward On The Anniversary Of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ Repeal.
• The New York Times has published One Year Later, Military Says Gay Policy Is Working.
• The Hill has published One year later, ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ fades as divisive political issue.
• And Towleroad has published The Anniversary of the End of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ by law professor Ari Ezra Waldman.